Tuesday, January 6, 2015

James Blood - Tales Of Captain Black



A pinnacle of Harmolodics, this album is the promised land.

James Blood - Tales Of Captain Black
All compositions by James Blood Ulmer
  1. "Theme from Captain Black" - 3:14
  2. "Moons Shine" - 3:52
  3. "Morning Bride" - 4:57
  4. "Revelation March" - 4:32
  5. "Woman Coming" - 3:38
  6. "Nothing to Say" - 4:13
  7. "Arena" - 4:24
  8. "Revealing" - 4:42
James Blood Ulmer - guitar
Ornette Coleman – alto saxophone
Jamaaladeen Tacuma - electric bass
Denardo Coleman - drums

Recorded at R.P.M. Sound Studios, Inc., New York City, December 5, 1978.

Artists House ‎– AH 7, 1979

24/96 LP transfer, V0 mp3 download
JamesBlood-CaptBlack[RPM2015].zip 66.3 MB

24/96 LP transfer, 24/96 FLAC download
JamesBlood-CaptBlack[RPM2015][FLAC].zip 624.7 MB

11 comments:

-Otto- said...

The original Artist House LP. Very much appreciated. Thank you, porter_esq!

And if anyone is interested in decent scans of the LP and the booklet, they are here at discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1357627

apf said...

Thank you so much!

QPjr said...

"A pinnacle of Harmolodics, this album is the promised land."
Agreed.
:-)

Nick said...

The LP is much better mastered than the CD, which was sounded flat and dead

Anonymous said...

The original LP was mastered by none other than Rudy Van Gelder.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QPjr said...

should make for a fascinating comparison!

apf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
apf said...

Thank you once again!

Lee Davis said...

This album changed my life as a musician....thirty years I've been searching for any shred of this music which blew my mind wide open. This showed me what you could *truly* do with music when you wrenched at the very harmonic foundations. I was honored to have met "Blood" on line at the post office - recognizing him from his profile. You could've knocked me over with a feather! He was as self-effacing as his talent was deep and he made me feel like I was his younger brother. The people on line asked me after he left, "Is he a Rock Star?" To which I replied, "...in my world". I went back home and slapped on my copy of "Freelancing" and just went for it.

Fuser said...

Thank you again!